I may not be a big drinker, but if there’s one thing I just can’t ever go without, it’s coffee. Put coffee, or more specifically, espresso in almost anything and I’m there. When NYT Best-Selling author Carleigh Bodrug’s recipe for her genius low-waste espresso martini popped up in my inbox, I immedietly knew I’d want to not only try it but also share it with you!
Because I’m not much of an alcohol connoisseur, I don’t currently have an impressive bar cart situation so when I saw how Carleigh crafts her own coffee liquor, I was instantly sold on the brilliance of her recipe. What makes this recipe so damn cool? To make her own coffee liquor, Carleigh takes used coffee grounds and steeps them in Ketel One Vodka. Not only is it a low-waste hack but it’s amazing if you’re tightening your budget this holiday and don’t want to purchase a specialty item.
Ready to try? Here’s how to make Carleigh Bodrug’s Low-Waste Espresso Martini!
View this post on Instagram
Makes 10 servings
- 1 1/2 cups Ketel One Vodka
- 3 tablespoons used coffee grounds
Scrappy Espresso Martini
- 1 fluid ounce Ketel One Vodka coffee liqueur
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup oat, almond or cashew milk
- 1 cup ice
- pinch of cinnamon
- Combine Ketel One Vodka coffee liqueur, maple syrup, oat milk, and ice in a shaker.
- Shake for one minute
- Serve in a martini glass, topped with cinnamon
Recipe & Image courtesy of Carleigh Bodrug, via Ketel One Vodka